wdiff - display word differences between text files
wdiff [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2
wdiff -d [OPTION]... [FILE]
wdiff - Compares words in two files and report differences.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -C, --copyright
- display copyright then exit
- -1, --no-deleted
- inhibit output of deleted words
- -2, --no-inserted
- inhibit output of inserted words
- -3, --no-common
- inhibit output of common words
- -a, --auto-pager
- automatically calls a pager
- -d, --diff-input
- use single unified diff as input
- -h, --help
- display this help then exit
- -i, --ignore-case
- fold character case while comparing
- -l, --less-mode
- variation of printer mode for "less"
- -n, --avoid-wraps
- do not extend fields through newlines
- -p, --printer
- overstrike as for printers
- -s, --statistics
- say how many words deleted, inserted etc.
- -t, --terminal
- use termcap as for terminal displays
- -v, --version
- display program version then exit
- -w, --start-delete=STRING
- string to mark beginning of delete region
- -x, --end-delete=STRING
- string to mark end of delete region
- -y, --start-insert=STRING
- string to mark beginning of insert region
- -z, --end-insert=STRING
- string to mark end of insert region
Some options that used to provide some unique functionality are no longer recommended, but still recognized for the sake of backwards compatibility.
- -K, --no-init-term
- Now synonymous to --terminal, which never initializes the terminal.
Written by Franc,ois Pinard <email@example.com>.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 1992, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The full documentation for wdiff is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and wdiff programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info wdiff
should give you access to the complete manual.
|April 2014||wdiff 1.2.2|