|PHRASE-SEARCH(1)||NCBI Entrez Direct User's Manual||PHRASE-SEARCH(1)|
phrase-search - search an indexed local NCBI PubMed archive
phrase-search [-h|-help|--help] [-path dir] -count|-counts|-query|-filter|-link|-exact|-title|-words|-pairs|-fields|-terms|-totals query...|-convert dbas type type [key]|-lookup tag theme...
phrase-search searches an indexed local NCBI PubMed archive (as prepared by index-pubmed(1)).
- Print usage information.
- -path dir
- Search the local archive in dir.
- Print terms and counts, merging wildcards.
- Expand wildcards; print individual term counts.
- Search on words or phrases in Boolean formulas.
- Filter piped-in output from a previous (quite possibly remote) query.
- Strict search for article round-tripping.
- Exact search limited to indexed title field.
- Follow links by the given tag (e.g. CITED), merging any duplicates.
- Combine searches for individual informative words.
- Combine searches for pairs of adjacent informative words.
- Interpret the query as a field name, and list that field's known terms. With an empty query, list supported fields.
- Like -fields, but with term counts.
- What to search for in the above modes; may contain standard Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT, using parentheses as needed for grouping.
- -convert dbas type type [key]
- Convert identifiers in the specified database from one type to another, accepting either a single identifier on the command line or a newline-delimited list on standard input. The database may be any of
and the type may be any of
- -lookup tag theme...
- Look up cross references between internal identifiers read from standard input, where tag identifies a pair of databases (e.g., chdi for chemicals and diseases) and theme... are theme codes of particular interest (with p and m standing in for + and - respectively).
- Local archive directory to use in the absence of -path/-master. Expected to hold an absolute path; mandatory when not supplying a path on the command line.