NAME¶mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies
mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ...
DESCRIPTION¶Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package.
If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively.
- -i, --install
- Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies.
- -t, --tool
- When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=yes --no-install-recommends)
- -r, --remove
- Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch.
- -a foo, --arch foo
- Set the architecture of the produced binary package to foo. If this
option is not given, fall back to the value given by --host-arch.
If neither this option nor --host-arch are given but the
Build-Depends contain architecture restrictions, use the value printed by
`dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH`. Otherwise, use all.
The package architecture must be equal to the host architecture except if the package architecture is all.
The package architecture cannot be all if the build and host architecture differ.
- --host-arch foo
- Set the host architecture the binary package is built for. This defaults
to the value printed by `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH`. Use this
option to create a binary package that is able to satisfy crossbuild
If this option is used together with --arch, then they must be equal except if the value of --arch is all.
If --arch is not given, then this option also sets the package architecture.
- --build-arch foo
- Set the build architecture the binary package is built for. This defaults to the value printed by `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH`. Use this option to create a binary package that is able to satisfy crossbuild dependencies.
- -B, --build-dep
- Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies.
- -A, --build-indep
- Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies.
- -P, --build-profiles profile[,...]
- Generate a package which only depends on build dependencies with the build profile(s), given as a comma-separated list. The default behavior is to use no specific profile. Setting this option will override the DEB_BUILD_PROFILES environment variable.
- -h, --help
- Show a summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version and copyright information.
- -s, --root-cmd
- Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch.
- If set, it will be used as the active build profile(s) for the build dependencies to be installed. It is a space separated list of profile names. Overridden by the -P option.
AUTHOR¶mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <email@example.com>.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.