NAME¶icetSetColorFormat,icetSetDepthFormat-- specifies the buffer formats for IceT to use when creating images
|void icetSetColorFormat(||IceTEnum||color_format );|
|void icetSetDepthFormat(||IceTEnum||depth_format );|
Description¶When IceT creates image objects, it uses the formats specified by icetSetColorFormatand icetSetDepthFormat.These will be the formats of images passed to drawing callbacks (specified by icetDrawCallback or icetGLDrawCallback) and of images returned from frame drawing functions (icetDrawFrame or icetGLDrawFrame). It is also the format expected for image buffers passed to icetCompositeImage.
The following color_formats are valid for use in icetSetColorFormat.
- Each entry is an RGBA color tuple. Each component is valued in the range from 0 to 255 and is stored as an 8-bit integer. The buffer will always be allocated on memory boundaries such that each color value can be treated as a single 32-bit integer.
- Each entry is an RGBA color tuple. Each component is in the range from 0.0 to 1.0 and is stored as a 32-bit float.
- Each entry is an RGB color triple. Each component is in the range from 0.0 to 1.0 and is stored as a 32-bit float. Note that there is no alpha channel, so the color blending composite mode will not work with this color format.
- No color values are stored in the image.
The following depth_formats are valid for use in icetSetDepthFormat.
- Each entry is in the range from 0.0 (near plane) to 1.0 (far plane) and is stored as a 32-bit float.
- No depth values are stored in the image.
The color and depth formats are stored in the ICET_COLOR_FORMAT and ICET_DEPTH_FORMAT state variables, respectively.
- icetSetColorFormator icetSetDepthFormatwas called while IceT was drawing a frame. This probably means that you called icetSetColorFormat in a drawing callback. You cannot do that. Call this function before starting the draw operation.
- The color_format or depth_format given is invalid.
Notes¶Calling either icetSetColorFormator icetSetDepthFormatdoes not change the format of any existing images. It only changes any subsequently created images.
The color format must be set before calling icetDrawFrame, icetGLDrawFrame, or icetCompositeImage. Doing otherwise would create inconsistencies in the images created and composited together.
Copyright¶Copyright (C)2010 Sandia Corporation
Under the terms of Contract DE-AC04-94AL85000 with Sandia Corporation, the U.S. Government retains certain rights in this software.
This source code is released under the New BSD License.
See Also¶icetImageGetColorFormat(3), icetImageGetDepthFormat(3)
|September 22, 2014||IceT Reference|