|VOS_PARTINFO(1)||AFS Command Reference||VOS_PARTINFO(1)|
vos_partinfo - Reports the available and total space on a partition
-server <machine name>
[-partition <partition name>] [-summary]
[-cell <cell name>]
[-verbose] [-encrypt] [-noresolve]
[-config <config directory>]
vos p -se <machine name>
[-p <partition name>] [-su]
[-c <cell name>]
[-noa] [-l] [-v] [-e] [-nor]
[-co <config directory>]
The vos partinfo command reports the amount of space available and total size on either all of the partitions on the indicated file server machine (if the -partition argument is omitted) or the specified partition on that file server machine. The Volume Location Database (VLDB) is not consulted.
Currently, the maximum quota for a volume is 2 terabytes (2^41 bytes). Note that this only affects the volume's quota; a volume may grow much larger if the volume quota is disabled. However, volumes over 2 terabytes in size may be impractical to move, and may have their size incorrectly reported by some tools, such as fs_listquota(1).
- -server <server name>
- Identifies the file server machine for which to display partition information. Provide the machine's IP address or its host name (either fully qualified or using an unambiguous abbreviation). For details, see vos(1).
- -partition <partition name>
- Identifies which partition on the file server machine specified by the -server argument for which to display information. Provide the partition's complete name with preceding slash (for example, "/vicepa") or use one of the three acceptable abbreviated forms. For details, see vos(1).
- Prints storage summary.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The vos command interpreter presents it to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument or -noauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Produces on the standard output stream a detailed trace of the command's execution. If this argument is omitted, only warnings and error messages appear.
- Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are not transmitted across the network in clear text. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.11 or later and 1.5.60 or later.
- Shows all servers as IP addresses instead of the DNS name. This is very useful when the server address is registered as 127.0.0.1 or when dealing with multi-homed servers. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.8 or later and 1.5.35 or later.
- -config <configuration directory>
- Set the location of the configuration directory to be used. This defaults to /etc/openafs, except if -localauth is specified, in which case the default is /etc/openafs/server. This option allows the use of alternative configuration locations for testing purposes.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
The partition-related statistics in this command's output do not always agree with the corresponding values in the output of the standard UNIX df command. The statistics reported by this command can be up to five minutes old, because the Cache Manager polls the File Server for partition information at that frequency. Also, on some operating systems, the df command's report of partition size includes reserved space not included in this command's calculation, and so is likely to be about 10% larger.
The output reports the amount of space available and total space for each specified partition.
The following command displays all partitions on the file server machine "fs2.example.com".
% vos partinfo fs2.example.com Free space on partition /vicepa: 27301 K blocks out of total 549197 Free space on partition /vicepb: 13646 K blocks out of total 69194 Free space on partition /vicepc: 31798 K blocks out of total 320315 Free space on partition /vicepd: 33302 K blocks out of total 494954
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.