|VOS_LISTPART(1)||AFS Command Reference||VOS_LISTPART(1)|
vos_listpart - Displays all AFS partitions on a file server machine
-server <machine name>
[-cell <cell name>]
[-verbose] [-encrypt] [-noresolve]
[-config <config directory>]
-s <machine name>
[-c <cell name>]
[-noa] [-l] [-v] [-e] [-nor]
[-co <config directory>]
The vos listpart command displays all of the valid AFS partitions on the indicated file server machine, without consulting the Volume Location Database (VLDB). The vos partinfo command reports the size of a partition and the available space on that partition.
- -server <server name>
- Identifies the file server machine for which to list the partitions. Provide the machine's IP address or its host name (either fully qualified or using an unambiguous abbreviation). For details, see vos(1).
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The vos command interpreter presents it to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument or -noauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Produces on the standard output stream a detailed trace of the command's execution. If this argument is omitted, only warnings and error messages appear.
- Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are not transmitted across the network in clear text. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.11 or later and 1.5.60 or later.
- Shows all servers as IP addresses instead of the DNS name. This is very useful when the server address is registered as 127.0.0.1 or when dealing with multi-homed servers. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.8 or later and 1.5.35 or later.
- -config <configuration directory>
- Set the location of the configuration directory to be used. This defaults to /etc/openafs, except if -localauth is specified, in which case the default is /etc/openafs/server. This option allows the use of alternative configuration locations for testing purposes.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
The output consists of a list of partition names of the form /vicepxx, following the header:
The partitions on the server are:
The last line of the output reports the total number of partitions.
The following command displays the partitions on "fs1.example.com":
% vos listpart fs1.example.com The partitions on the server are: /vicepa /vicepb /vicepc /vicepd Total: 4
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.