Scroll to navigation
cancel - cancel jobs
cancel [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -a ] [
-h hostname[:port] ] [ -u username ] [ -x ]
[ id ] [ destination ] [ destination-id ]
The cancel command cancels print jobs. If no destination or
id is specified, the currently printing job on the default destination
The following options are recognized by cancel:
- Cancel all jobs on the named destination, or all jobs on all destinations
if none is provided.
- Forces encryption when connecting to the server.
- -h hostname[:port]
- Specifies an alternate server.
- -U username
- Specifies the username to use when connecting to the server.
- -u username
- Cancels jobs owned by username.
- Deletes job data files in addition to canceling.
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any
printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also,
printer and class names are not case-sensitive.
Cancel the current print job:
Cancel job "myprinter-42":
Cancel all jobs:
Administrators wishing to prevent unauthorized cancellation of jobs via the
-u option should require authentication for Cancel-Jobs operations in
Copyright © 2007-2019 by Apple Inc.