NAME¶netplan-apply - apply configuration from netplan YAML files to a running system
SYNOPSIS¶netplan [–debug] apply -h | –help
netplan [–debug] apply
DESCRIPTION¶netplan apply applies the current netplan configuration to a running system.
The process works as follows:
- The backend configuration is generated from netplan YAML files.
- The appropriate backends (systemd-networkd(8) or NetworkManager(8)) are invoked to bring up configured interfaces.
- netplan apply iterates through interfaces that are still down, unbinding them from their drivers, and rebinding them. This gives udev(7) renaming rules the opportunity to run.
- If any devices have been rebound, the appropriate backends are re-invoked in case more matches can be done.
- -h, –help
- Print basic help.
- Print debugging output during the process.
KNOWN ISSUES¶netplan apply will not remove virtual devices such as bridges and bonds that have been created, even if they are no longer described in the netplan configuration.
This can be resolved by manually removing the virtual device (for example ip link delete dev bond0) and then running netplan apply, or by rebooting.