|GNUNET-DNS2GNS(1)||General Commands Manual||GNUNET-DNS2GNS(1)|
NAME¶gnunet-dns2gns - run a DNS-to-GNS proxy
DESCRIPTION¶Most users will not want to run an DNS to GADS proxy/gateway and thus will not need this program.
gnunet-dns2gns runs a DNS resolver which delegates requests to the ".gads" and ".zkey" zones to GADS. All other requests are forwarded to DNS. This DNS proxy is useful for enabling non-personalized GADS-resolution to an entire network or to offer GADS-resolution to DNS users.
A DNS-to-GNS proxy using gnunet-dns2gns is available at ".zkey.eu"
If you do not want to specify a public key and are the owner of the zone that gnunet-dns2gns will use for GNS lookups, you need to first create a pseudonym (using "gnunet-identity -C NAME"), and then assign it to be used for the "dns2gns" service using "gnunet-identity -e NAME -s dns2gns". After that, you can start the dns2gns service (possibly using gnunet-arm) without specifying a public key using "-z".
- -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME
- Use the configuration file FILENAME.
- -d IP, --dns=IP
- IP address of a recursive DNS resolver that should be used for non-GADS hostnames.
- -f NAME, --fcfs=NAME
- Authoritative FCFS suffix to use. This is the name under which the local zone's names will be made available. Default is "fcfs.zkey.eu".
- -h, --help
- Print short help on options.
- -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL
- Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR.
- -s SUFFIX, --suffix=SUFFIX
- Authoritative DNS suffix to use. This is the name under which the GADS ".zkey" zone is mapped into the DNS namespace. Default is "zkey.eu".
- -v, --version
- Print GNUnet version number.
- -z PUBLICKEY, --zone=PUBLICKEY
- Use PUBLICKEY for the zone to resolve GNS names in. The PUBLICKEY must be encoded in the text format which can be obtained using gnunet-ecc, seen in PKEY records and output by gnunet-identity. If this option is not specified, the default ego associated by gnunet-identity for the "dns2gns" subsystem will be used.
BUGS¶Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SEE ALSO¶gnunet-gns-fcfs(1), gnunet-gns(1), gnunet-identity(1)
|October 25, 2012||GNUnet|