lpq - show printer queue status
lpq [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h
server[:port] ] [ -P
destination[/ instance] ] [ -a ] [ -l ]
[ +interval ]
lpq shows the current print queue status on the named printer. Jobs
queued on the default destination will be shown if no printer or class is
specified on the command-line.
The +interval option allows you to continuously report the
jobs in the queue until the queue is empty; the list of jobs is shown once
every interval seconds.
lpq supports the following options:
- Forces encryption when connecting to the server.
- -P destination[/instance]
- Specifies an alternate printer or class name.
- -U username
- Specifies an alternate username.
- Reports jobs on all printers.
- -h server[:port]
- Specifies an alternate server.
- Requests a more verbose (long) reporting format.
Copyright © 2007-2017 by Apple Inc.