NAME¶po4a-normalize - normalize a documentation file by parsing it in po4a, and writing it back
SYNOPSIS¶po4a-normalize -f fmt master.doc
DESCRIPTION¶The po4a (PO for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.
The po4a-normalize script is a debugging tool used to make sure that po4a don't change the document when it's not supposed to. Only use it if you're developing a new module, or if you doubt the sanity of the tools.
The generated document will be written to po4a-normalize.output while the generated POT file will be written to po4a-normalize.po by default, but you can use the --localized and --pot options to change that.
- -o, --option
- Extra option(s) to pass to the format plugin. See the documentation of each plugin for more information about the valid options and their meanings. For example, you could pass '-o tablecells' to the AsciiDoc parser, while the text parser would accept '-o tabs=split'.
- -b, --blank
- Create an blank translated document. The generated translated document
will be generated assuming all messages are translated by a space or new
This is useful to check what parts of the document cannot be translated.
- -h, --help
- Show a short help message.
- List the documentation formats understood by po4a.
- -f, --format
- Format of the documentation you want to handle. Use the --help-format option to see the list of available formats.
- -M, --master-charset
- Charset of the file containing the document to translate.
- -l, --localized
- Name of the normalized file to produce (po4a-normalize.output by default).
- -p, --pot
- Pot file to produce (po4a-normalize.po by default).
- -V, --version
- Display the version of the script and exit.
SEE ALSO¶po4a-gettextize(1), po4a-translate(1), po4a-updatepo(1), po4a(7)
Denis Barbier <email@example.com> Nicolas François <firstname.lastname@example.org> Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian.org)
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶Copyright 2002-2020 by SPI, inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file).