NAME¶Locale::Po4a::AsciiDoc - convert AsciiDoc documents from/to PO files
DESCRIPTION¶The po4a (PO for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.
Locale::Po4a::AsciiDoc is a module to help the translation of documentation in the AsciiDoc format.
OPTIONS ACCEPTED BY THIS MODULE¶These are this module's particular options:
- The name of a file containing definitions for po4a, as defined in the
INLINE CUSTOMIZATION section. You can use this option if it is not
possible to put the definitions in the document being translated.
In a definitions file, lines must not start by two slashes, but directly by po4a:.
- Space-separated list of attribute entries you want to translate. By default, no attribute entries are translatable.
- Space-separated list of macro definitions.
- Space-separated list of style definitions.
- By default, the targets of block images are translatable to give opportunity to make the content point to translated images. This can be stopped by setting this option.
- This option is a flag that enables sub-table segmentation into cell content. The segmentation is limited to cell content, without any parsing inside of it.
- Switch parsing rules to compatibility with different tools. Available options are "asciidoc" or "asciidoctor". Asciidoctor has stricter parsing rules, such as equality of length of opening and closing block fences.
INLINE CUSTOMIZATION¶The AsciiDoc module can be customized with lines starting by //po4a:. These lines are interpreted as commands to the parser. The following commands are recognized:
- //po4a: macro name[attribute list]
- This permits to describe in detail the parameters of a macro;
name must be a valid macro name, and it ends with an underscore if
the target must be translated.
The attribute list argument is a comma separated list which contains informations about translatable arguments. This list contains either numbers, to define positional parameters, or named attributes.
If a plus sign (+) is prepended to name, then the macro and its arguments are translated as a whole. There is no need to define attribute list in this case, but brackets must be present.
- //po4a: style [attribute list]
- This permits to describe in detail which attributes of a style must be
The attribute list argument is a comma separated list which contains informations about translatable arguments. This list contains either numbers, to define positional parameters, or named attributes. The first attribute is the style name, it will not be translated.
If a plus sign (+) is prepended to the style name, then the attribute list is translated as a whole. There is no need to define translatable attributes.
If a minus sign (-) is prepended to the style name, then this attribute is not translated.
- //po4a: entry name
- This declares an attribute entry as being translatable. By default, they are not translated.
STATUS OF THIS MODULE¶Tested successfully on simple AsciiDoc files.
Nicolas François <firstname.lastname@example.org> Denis Barbier <email@example.com>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶
Copyright © 2005-2008 Nicolas FRANÇOIS <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Copyright © 2012 Denis BARBIER <email@example.com>. Copyright © 2017 Martin Quinson <mquinson#debian.org>.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file).