NAME¶dh_installwm - register a window manager
SYNOPSIS¶dh_installwm [debhelper options] [-n] [--priority=n] [wm ...]
DESCRIPTION¶dh_installwm is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the postinst and prerm commands that register a window manager with update-alternatives(8). The window manager's man page is also registered as a slave symlink (in v6 mode and up). It must be installed in usr/share/man/man1/ in the package build directory prior to calling dh_installwm. In compat 9 and earlier, the manpage was optional.
- List window manager programs to register.
Supports substitution variables in compat 13 and later as documented in debhelper(7).
- Set the priority of the window manager. Default is 20, which is too low for most window managers; see the Debian Policy document for instructions on calculating the correct value.
- -n, --no-scripts
- Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. Turns this command into a no-op.
- -A, --all
- Modify scripts for window managers specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on, not just the first.
- wm ...
- Window manager programs to register.
NOTES¶Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts.
This program is a part of debhelper.
AUTHOR¶Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>