table of contents
- bullseye 3.0.115-1
- bullseye-backports 3.0.116-1~bpo11+1
- testing 3.0.116-1.1
- unstable 3.0.117-1
|mfsmaster(8)||This is part of MooseFS||mfsmaster(8)|
mfsmaster - start, restart or stop Moose File System master process
mfsmaster [-c CFGFILE] [-u] [-i] [-a] [-e] [-x[x]] [-t LOCKTIMEOUT] [ACTION]
mfsmaster is the master program of Moose File System.
- print version information and exit
- print usage information and exit
- -c CFGFILE
- specify alternative path of configuration file (default is mfsmaster.cfg in system configuration directory)
- log undefined configuration values (when default is assumed)
- run in foreground, don't daemonize
- -t LOCKTIMEOUT
- how long to wait for lockfile (in seconds; default is 1800 seconds)
- ignore some metadata structure errors (attach orphans to root, ignore names without inode, etc.). DO NOT use unless you are ready to pick up the pieces. See https://github.com/moosefs/moosefs/issues/151 for discussion.
- automatically restore metadata from change logs
- start without metadata (usable only in pro version - used to start additional masters)
- produce more verbose output
- even more verbose output
- is the one of start, stop, restart, reload, test, restore or kill. Default action is restart. The test action will yield one of two responses: "mfsmaster pid: PID" or "mfsmaster is not running". The kill action will send a SIGKILL to the currently running master process. SIGHUP or reload action forces mfsmaster to reload all configuration files. restore tries to restore metadata file using backup metadata files and changelogs; if successful it will store recovered metadata file end stop, it will never start master process.
- configuration file for MooseFS master process; refer to mfsmaster.cfg(5) manual for details
- MooseFS access control file; refer to mfsexports.cfg(5) manual for details
- Network topology definitions; refer to mfstopology.cfg(5) manual for details
- lock file of running MooseFS master process (created in data directory)
- metadata.mfs, metadata.mfs.back
- MooseFS filesystem metadata image (created in data directory)
- MooseFS filesystem metadata change logs (created in data directory; merged into metadata.mfs once per hour)
- MooseFS master charts state (created in data directory)
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright (C) 2020 Jakub Kruszona-Zawadzki, Core Technology Sp. z o.o.
This file is part of MooseFS.
MooseFS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 2 (only).
MooseFS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with MooseFS; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02111-1301, USA or visit http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
mfschunkserver(8), mfsmount(8), mfsmaster.cfg(5), mfsexports.cfg(5), mfstopology.cfg(5)
|October 2020||MooseFS 3.0.115-1|