|torque_submit_workers(1)||Cooperative Computing Tools||torque_submit_workers(1)|
torque_submit_workers - submit work_queue_worker to a Torque cluster.
torque_submit_workers [options] <servername> <port> <num-workers>
torque_submit_workers schedules the execution of work_queue_worker(1) on the Torque batch system through its job submission interface, qsub. The number of work_queue_worker scheduled and run is given by the num-workers argument.
The servername and port arguments specify the hostname and port number of the master for the work_queue_worker to connect. These two arguments become optional when the auto mode option is specified for work_queue_worker.
- Name of the preferred master for worker.
- -N <name>
- Preferred project name for work_queue_worker to connect.
- -c <cores>
- Set the number of cores each worker should use (0=auto). (default=1)
- -C <catalog>
- Set catalog server for work_queue_worker to <catalog>. <catalog> format: HOSTNAME:PORT.
- -t <seconds>
- Abort work_queue_worker after this amount of idle time (default=900s).
- -d <subsystem>
- Enable debugging on worker for this subsystem (try -d all to start).
- -w <size>
- Set TCP window size
- -i <time>
- Set initial value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a master. (default=1s)
- -b <time>
- Set maxmimum value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a master. (default=60s)
- -z <size>
- Set available disk space threshold (in MB). When exceeded worker will clean up and reconnect. (default=100MB)
- -A <arch>
- Set architecture string for the worker to report to master instead of the value in uname.
- -O <os>
- Set operating system string for the worker to report to master instead of the value in uname.
- -s <path>
- Set the location for creating the working directory of the worker.
- -j <>
- Use job array to submit workers.
- -p <parameters>
- Torque qsub parameters.
- Show help message.
On success, returns zero. On failure, returns non-zero.
Submit 10 worker instances to run on Torque and connect to a specific master:
torque_submit_workers master.somewhere.edu 9123 10
Submit 10 work_queue_worker instances to run on Torque in auto mode with their preferred project name set to Project_A and abort timeout set to 3600 seconds:
torque_submit_workers -a -t 3600 -M Project_A 10
The Cooperative Computing Tools are Copyright (C) 2005-2019 The University of Notre Dame. This software is distributed under the GNU General Public License. See the file COPYING for details.
|CCTools 7.1.2 FINAL|