|condor_submit_workers(1)||Cooperative Computing Tools||condor_submit_workers(1)|
condor_submit_workers - submit work_queue_worker to the Condor grid.
condor_submit_workers [options] <servername> <port> <num-workers>
condor_submit_workers [options] --master-name <name> <num-workers>
condor_submit_workers schedules the execution of work_queue_worker(1) on a grid managed by Condor through its job submission interface, condor_submit. The number of work_queue_worker scheduled and run is given by the num-workers argument.
The servername and port arguments specify the hostname and port number of the master for the work_queue_worker to connect. Alternatively, this information can be obtained from the catalog server by specifying the name of the work queue using the --master-name parameter.
- -M, --master-name=<name>
- Name of the preferred master for worker.
- -N, --name=<name>
- Same as -M (backwards compatibility).
- -C, --catalog=<catalog>
- Set catalog server to <catalog>. <catalog> format: HOSTNAME:PORT.
- -t, --timeout=<time>
- Abort after this amount of idle time (default=900s).
- -d, --debug=<subsystem>
- Enable debugging on worker for this subsystem (try -d all to start).
- -w, --tcp-window-size=<size>
- Set TCP window size
- -i, --min-backoff=<time>
- Set initial value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a master. (default=1s)
- -b, --max-backoff=<time>
- Set maxmimum value for backoff interval when worker fails to connect to a master. (default=60s)
- -z, --disk-threshold=<size>
- Set available disk space threshold (in MB). When exceeded worker will clean up and reconnect. (default=100MB)
- -A, --arch=<arch>
- Set architecture string for the worker to report to master instead of the value in uname.
- -O, --os=<os>
- Set operating system string for the worker to report to master instead of the value in uname.
- -s, --workdir=<path>
- Set the location for creating the working directory of the worker.
- -P, ----password=<file>
- Password file to authenticate workers to master.
- --cores <cores>
- Set the number of cores each worker should use (0=auto). (default=1)
- --memory <size>
- Manually set the amonut of memory (in MB) reported by this worker.
- --disk <size>
- Manually set the amount of disk (in MB) reported by this worker.
- Show help message.
On success, returns zero. On failure, returns non-zero.
Submit 10 worker instances to run on Condor and connect to a specific master:
condor_submit_workers master.somewhere.edu 9123 10
Submit 10 work_queue_worker instances to run on Condor in auto mode with their preferred project name set to Project_A and abort timeout set to 3600 seconds:
condor_submit_workers -a -t 3600 -M Project_A 10
The Cooperative Computing Tools are Copyright (C) 2005-2019 The University of Notre Dame. This software is distributed under the GNU General Public License. See the file COPYING for details.
|CCTools 7.1.2 FINAL|