— FORE Systems 200-Series ATM
driver provides support for the FORE Systems ATM
series 200 adapters. This driver will support up to eight devices in a system
at any given time. The hfa
driver follows the AALI or FORE
ATM Adaptation Layer Interface and as such will adhere to its specifications.
The supported AALs include:
- FORE AAL 0: The cell service;
- FORE AAL 4: Version three and four of AAL;
- FORE AAL 5: Version five of AAL.
driver supports traffic shaping for cards with
firmware revisions of 4.X.X, see fore_dnld(8)
. The following
sysctls are recognized by the driver and may be used to enable or disable
- Disable shaping on card number
- Set one VCI to be traffic shaped on device
N. This will shape the first CBR VCI which is
- Attempt to shape all VCIs on device
The firmware should be loaded before using this driver, this can be an easy task
if the fore_dnld(8)
utility is used. If the
file has been properly configured then the
firmware update should be automatic.
driver supports the following adapters:
- FORE Systems PCA-200E
- FORE Systems 200S
- FORE Systems 200
- fore_cmd_drain: %s%d: GET_PROM
- The driver failed to drain the PROM buffer.
- fore initialization failed:
- Initialization of the card has failed.
- fore initialization timed out:
- Initialization of the card has timed out.
- hfa: version mismatch: fore=%d.%d
- A version mismatch error has occurred.
driver was written by Network Computing Services, Inc.
and added to FreeBSD 3.0
This manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes