|PDFTOHTML(1)||General Commands Manual||PDFTOHTML(1)|
pdftohtml - program to convert PDF files into HTML, XML and PNG images
pdftohtml [options] <PDF-file> [<HTML-file> <XML-file>]
This manual page documents briefly the pdftohtml command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
pdftohtml is a program that converts PDF documents into HTML. It generates its output in the current working directory. If PDF-file is ´-', it reads the PDF file from stdin.
A summary of options are included below.
- -h, -help
- Show summary of options.
- -f <int>
- first page to print
- -l <int>
- last page to print
- do not print any messages or errors
- print copyright and version info
- exchange .pdf links with .html
- generate complex output
- generate single HTML that includes all pages
- use data URLs instead of external images in HTML. No available in all platforms
- ignore images
- generate no frames. Not supported in complex output mode.
- use standard output
- -zoom <fp>
- zoom the PDF document (default 1.5) (1 means 72 DPI)
- output for XML post-processing
- do not round coordinates (with XML output only)
- -enc <string>
- output text encoding name
- -opw <string>
- owner password (for encrypted files)
- -upw <string>
- user password (for encrypted files)
- force hidden text extraction
- image file format for Splash output (png or jpg). If complex is selected, but -fmt is not specified, -fmt png will be assumed
- do not merge paragraphs
- override document DRM settings
- -wbt <fp>
- adjust the word break threshold percent. Default is 10. Word break occurs when distance between two adjacent characters is greater than this percent of character height.
- outputs the font name without any substitutions.
Pdftohtml was developed by Gueorgui Ovtcharov and Rainer Dorsch. It is based and benefits a lot from Derek Noonburg's xpdf package.
This manual page was written by Søren Boll Overgaard <email@example.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
pdfdetach(1), pdffonts(1), pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) pdfseparate(1), pdfsig(1), pdfunite(1)