|BOS_LISTHOSTS(8)||AFS Command Reference||BOS_LISTHOSTS(8)|
NAME¶bos_listhosts - Displays the contents of the CellServDB file
SYNOPSIS¶bos listhosts -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
bos listh -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]
bos getcell -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
bos getc -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]
DESCRIPTION¶The bos listhosts command formats and displays the list of a cell's database server machines from the /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file on the server machine named by the -server argument.
To alter the list of machines, use the bos addhost and bos removehost commands.
- -server <machine name>
- Indicates the server machine from which to display the
/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file. Identify the machine by IP
address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated
unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).
For consistent performance in the cell, the output must be the same on every server machine. The bos addhost reference page explains how to keep the machines synchronized.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile or /etc/openafs/server/KeyFileExt file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8).
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
OUTPUT¶The first line of the output names the cell to which the server machine belongs. Each of the following lines names a database server machine for that cell.
The "Host" number assigned to each database server machine is for server-internal use only and is not the same as, nor necessarily related to, the machine's IP address. The BOS Server assigned it as part of performing the bos addhost command.
EXAMPLES¶The following command displays the database server machines listed in the /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file on the machine "fs7.example.com".
% bos listhosts fs7.example.com Cell name is example.com Host 1 is db1.example.com Host 2 is db2.example.com Host 3 is db3.example.com
SEE ALSO¶CellServDB(5), KeyFile(5), KeyFileExt(5), bos(8), bos_addhost(8), bos_removehost(8)
COPYRIGHT¶IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.