|Graph::Writer::VCG(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Graph::Writer::VCG(3pm)|
Graph::Writer::VCG - write out directed graph in VCG format
use Graph; use Graph::Writer::VCG; $graph = Graph->new(); # add edges and nodes to the graph $writer = Graph::Writer::VCG->new(); $writer->write_graph($graph, 'mygraph.vcg');
Graph::Writer::VCG is a class for writing out a directed graph in the file format used by the VCG tool, originally developed for Visualising Compiler Graphs. The graph must be an instance of the Graph class, which is actually a set of classes developed by Jarkko Hietaniemi.
If you have defined any attributes for the graph, nodes, or edges, they will be written out to the file, as long as they are attributes understood by VCG.
Constructor - generate a new writer instance.
$writer = Graph::Writer::VCG->new();
This doesn't take any arguments.
Write a specific graph to a named file:
The $file argument can either be a filename, or a filehandle for a previously opened file.
KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS¶
- Attributes with non-atomic values aren't currently handled. This includes the loc, classname, colorentry, and infoname attributes for graphs, and the loc attribute for nodes,
- Can currently only handle graph, node, and edge elements and their attributes. So doesn't know about foldnode_defaults and things like that.
- The home page for VCG.
- Jarkko Hietaniemi's modules for representing directed graphs, available from CPAN under modules/by-module/Graph/
- Algorithms in Perl
- The O'Reilly book which has a chapter on directed graphs, which is based around Jarkko's modules.
- The base-class for Graph::Writer::VCG
Neil Bowers <email@example.com>
Copyright (c) 2001-2012, Neil Bowers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2001, Canon Research Centre Europe. All rights reserved.
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.