Event::generic - generic event handling
$source = Event::generic::Source->new;
$w = Event->generic(source => $source, ...);
$w = $source->watch(...);
$source = $w->source;
$data = $event->data;
This module provides a watcher type within the
"Event" framework. You must understand the
architecture of the "Event" system in order
to understand this document.
This module provides a system of reified event sources and
watchers watching those sources. Events are generated solely by a method on
the event source object. The events may carry arbitrary data to the event
handler callbacks. This module is intended for situations where the events
of interest are best determined by Perl code.
- A reified event source.
- A watcher that can watch
- A (target) event that can carry arbitrary data.
EVENT SOURCE CLASS¶
- Creates and returns a new event source.
- The invocation of this method is a source event for watchers of the event
source. When this method is called, each active watcher of the event
source generates a target event. The DATA, if supplied, is copied
into the target event objects, from which it can be retrieved using the
- $source->watch(ATTR => VALUE, ...)
- Generates and returns a new watcher, configured to watch this event
source. The standard watcher attributes may be specified as arguments. The
watcher returned is an ordinary
"Event::generic", and may be
reconfigured to watch a different event source.
- source => $source
- The event source to watch. This must be either an
"Event::generic::Source" object or
"undef". When set to
"undef", no source is being watched, and
the watcher cannot be started.
- Returns the data associated with the event, which may be any scalar. This
is read-only, and is set by the event source.