|TIFF2FAX(8)||System Manager's Manual||TIFF2FAX(8)|
tiff2fax - convert TIFF for facsimile transmission by HylaFAX
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/tiff2fax [ options ] file
bin/tiff2fax takes TIFF input and generates a TIFF Class F image file suitable for facsimile transmission. It is usually invoked by the HylaFAX scheduler process, faxq(8). The default implementation uses the tiffcheck(8) program and tools from the freely available TIFF software distribution to implement the conversion operations.
This script can modify outgoing facsimile, such as watermarking, To do this create a shell script etc/FaxModify in the spooling area that alters the document.
The following operations are recognized:
- Write Group 3 1D-encoded data to the output file.
- Write Group 3 2D-encoded data to the output file.
- Write Group 4 MMR-encoded data to the output file.
- -m pages
- Set the maximum number of pages that are permitted in the output file. If more pages are present in the input document then abort processing.
- -o file
- Write output to the specified file instead of the default foo.tif filename.
- -w width
- Set the output page width, in pixels. By default, pages are 1728 pixels wide.
- -l length
- Set the output page length in millimeters. By default, pages are 297 millimeters long.
- -r vres
- Set the vertical resolution, in lines/inch, at which to image the POSTSCRIPT.
/usr/sbin/tiffcheck TIFF file conversion examiner /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax POSTSCRIPT RIP for doing complicated conversions /usr/bin/tiffcp for converting compression schemes /usr/bin/tiff2ps for colorspace and/or image size conversions
Conversions that require re-imaging and resizing may result in images that are poorly placed on the page.
There is no way to control how images are treated when they are resized; e.g. the original aspect ratio is not always maintained.
|May 12, 1996|