|PW-INSPECTOR(1)||General Commands Manual||PW-INSPECTOR(1)|
pw-inspector - A tool to reduce the password list
pw-inspector [-i FILE] [-o FILE] [-m MINLEN] [-M MAXLEN] [-c MINSETS] -l -u -n -p -s
PW-Inspector reads passwords in and prints those which meet the requirements. The return code is the number of valid passwords found, 0 if none was found. Use for security: check passwords, if 0 is returned, reject password choice. Use for hacking: trim your dictionary file to the pw requirements of the target. Usage only allowed for legal purposes.
- -i FILE
- file to read passwords from (default: stdin)
- -o FILE
- file to write valid passwords to (default: stdout)
- -m MINLEN
- minimum length of a valid password
- -M MAXLEN
- maximum length of a valid password
- -c MINSETS
- the minimum number of sets required (default: all given)
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
hydra was written by van Hauser / THC <firstname.lastname@example.org> and co-maintained by David Maciejak <email@example.com>.
This manual page was written by Daniel Echeverry <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others).