|GSM0710MUXD(8)||System Manager's Manual||GSM0710MUXD(8)|
NAME¶gsm0710muxd - a GSM 07.10 muxer
DESCRIPTION¶A GSM muxer is needed to keep a PPP/GPRS up & running while sms and calls are still signaled on another channel. Some modems even support using GPRS while a call is active, others suspend GPRS during calls.
The muxer supports various options to change the behaviour for different modems. Use -h to see a brief help screen.
All logging is done through syslog, see the syslog for errors and warnings.
- Fork, get a daemon (default: no)
- Verboser logging (give twice for even more verbose)
- -s <serial port name>
- Serial port device to connect to (default: /dev/modem)
- -t <timeout>
- reset modem after this number of seconds of silence (default: 0)
- -P <pin-code>
- PIN code to unlock SIM (default: <not set>). This is normally not needed but some modems need the pin before enabling the muxer mode.
- -p <number>
- use ping and reset modem after this number of unanswered pings (default: 0)
- -l <filename>
- set logfile name (default: <not set>)
- -x <dir>
- power management base dir (default: <not set>)
- -a <mode>
- additional_functionality (default: 0). This is a bit-set enabling quirks for different modem. The quirks are: WAKEUP_WITH_SYSFS = 1, WAKEUP_WITH_SEQUENCE = 2, SIEMENS_C35 = 4, ENFORA = 8, SHORT_INIT = 16.
- -b <baudrate>
- muxer-mode baudrate (default: 115200)
- -B <baudrate>
- serial port baudrate (default: 115200)
- -m <mode>
- Mode (basic, advanced) (default: advanced)
- -f <framsize>
- Frame size (default: 64)
- Show a help message and display current settings.
HISTORY¶The name 'gsm0710muxd' was chosen because the GSM specs describe this method in document 7.10.
BUGS/LIMITATIONS¶gsm0710muxd There may accure bufferoverruns and thus missing data between muxer and client under certain situations.
Some settings could be determined by a AT-command at startup. This wouldn't be much reliable because modems often lie so i did not invest to much work in this.
AUTHOR¶M. Dietrich <email@example.com>
|23 June 2009||gsm0710muxd|