gnutls_crypto_register_cipher - API function
algorithm, int priority, gnutls_cipher_init_func
init, gnutls_cipher_setkey_func setkey,
gnutls_cipher_setiv_func setiv, gnutls_cipher_encrypt_func
encrypt, gnutls_cipher_decrypt_func decrypt,
- gnutls_cipher_algorithm_t algorithm
- is the gnutls algorithm identifier
- int priority
- is the priority of the algorithm
- gnutls_cipher_init_func init
- A function which initializes the cipher
- gnutls_cipher_setkey_func setkey
- A function which sets the key of the cipher
- gnutls_cipher_setiv_func setiv
- A function which sets the nonce/IV of the cipher (non-AEAD)
- gnutls_cipher_encrypt_func encrypt
- A function which performs encryption (non-AEAD)
- gnutls_cipher_decrypt_func decrypt
- A function which performs decryption (non-AEAD)
- gnutls_cipher_deinit_func deinit
- A function which deinitializes the cipher
This function will register a cipher algorithm to be used by gnutls. Any
algorithm registered will override the included algorithms and by convention
kernel implemented algorithms have priority of 90 and CPU-assisted of 80. The
algorithm with the lowest priority will be used by gnutls.
In the case the registered init or setkey functions return
, GnuTLS will attempt to use the next in priority
The functions which are marked as non-AEAD they are not required when
registering a cipher to be used with the new AEAD API introduced in GnuTLS
3.4.0. Internally GnuTLS uses the new AEAD API.
on success, otherwise a negative error code.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Home page: https://www.gnutls.org
Copyright © 2001-2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc., and others.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are
permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this
notice are preserved.
The full documentation for gnutls
is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If
the /usr/share/doc/gnutls/ directory does not contain the HTML form visit