pct2rgb - Convert an 8bit paletted image to 24bit RGB.
pct2rgb.py [-of format] [-b band] [-rgba] [-pct palette_file] source_file dest_file
This utility will convert a pseudo-color band on the input file into an output RGB file of the desired format.
- -of <format>
- Select the output format. Starting with GDAL 2.3, if not specified, the format is guessed from the extension (previously was GTiff). Use the short format name.
- -b <band>
- Band to convert to RGB, defaults to 1.
- Generate a RGBA file (instead of a RGB file by default).
- -pct <palette_file>
- Extract the color table from <palette_file> instead of getting it from <source_file>. Can be used to have a consistent color table for multiple files. The <palette_file> must be either a raster file in a GDAL supported format with a palette or a color file in a supported format (txt, qml, qlr).
- The input file.
- The output RGB file that will be created.
NOTE: pct2rgb.py is a Python script, and will only work if GDAL was built with Python support.
The '-expand rgb|rgba' option of gdal_translate obsoletes that utility.
Frank Warmerdam <email@example.com>, Silke Reimer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|September 2, 2022|