- unstable 105.0.1-1
|FIREFOX(1)||Linux User's Manual||FIREFOX(1)|
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL]
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox [OPTIONS] [URL]
Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability.
If there is an Firefox browser already running, firefox will arrange for it to create a new browser window; otherwise it will start a new instance.
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below.
- -h, -help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, -version
- Print Firefox version.
- -P [profile]
- Start with profile. When no profile is given, displays the Profile Manager. May require -no-remote, see below.
- Start with migration wizard. May require -no-remote, see below.
- Start with profile manager. May require -no-remote, see below.
- Don't connect to a running Firefox instance. This option can be necessary in conjunction to several of the options above, that won't have any effect when an Firefox instance is running unless -no-remote is used at the same time.
- -UILocale locale
- Start with locale resources as User Interface locale. By default, it is guessed from environment and available locales for Firefox.
- Starts Firefox in safe mode, i.e. disabling all extensions and showing a bit more debugging messages.
- -new-window URL
- Open URL in a new window in an already running Firefox process.
- -new-tab URL
- Open URL in a new tab in an already running Firefox process.
- -chrome url
- Load the specified chrome.
MOZILLA_DISABLE_PLUGINS - when set, totally disables loading browser plugins (the ones that appear at the about:plugins url)
/usr/bin/firefox - symbolic link to /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox - Firefox executable.
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin - Legacy executable.
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ and/or report bugs to the Debian Bug Tracking System, as usual.
|November 4, 2004||firefox|