NAME¶fatsort - FAT sorting tool
SYNOPSIS¶fatsort [OPTIONS] DEVICE
DESCRIPTION¶FATSort sorts directory structures of FAT file systems (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT). Many MP3 hardware players don't sort files automatically but play them in the order they were transferred to the device. FATSort can help here.
- Use ASCIIbetical order for sorting
- Ignore case of file names (default for most locales)
- -I PFX
- Ignore file name PFX
- Natural order sorting
-o FLAG Sort order of files where FLAG is one of
- d : directories first (default)
- f : files first
- a : files and directories are not differentiated
- Sort in reverse order
- Sort in random order
- This options makes all other sort options obsolete.
- Sort by last modification date and time
The following options can be specified multiple times to select which directories shall be sorted:
- -d DIR
- Sort directory DIR only
- -D DIR
- Sort directory DIR and all subdirectories
- -x DIR
- Don't sort directory DIR
- -X DIR
- Don't sort directory DIR and its subdirectories
The following options can be specified multiple times to select which directories shall be sorted using POSIX.2 extended regular expressions:
- -e RE
- Only sort directories that match regular expression RE
- -E RE
- Don't sort directories that match regular expression RE
However, options -e and -E may not be used simultaneously with options -d, -D, -x and -X.
- -L LOC
- Use the locale LOC instead of the locale from the environment variables
- Print current order of files only
- Print file system information only
- Force sorting even if file system is mounted
- Print some help
- Print version information
- Be quiet
DEVICE must be a FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT file system.
WARNING: THE FILESYSTEM MUST BE CONSISTENT (NO FILESYSTEM ERRORS). PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE USING FATSORT. RISK OF CORRUPT FILESYSTEM! FATSORT USER ASSUMES ALL RISK. FATSORT WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS!
- fatsort /dev/sda
- Sort /dev/sda.
- fatsort -n /dev/sdb1
- Sort /dev/sdb1 with natural order.
AUTHOR¶Written by Boris Leidner.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2004-2019 Boris Leidner. License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2 (see LICENSE.txt)
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
|May 2020||fatsort 1.6.2|