table of contents
- unstable 0.8.14-5.1
NAME¶doc_decisions_internal_cache_md - Internal KeySet Cache
Issue¶When doing kdbGet() possible more keys are returned which might be confusing. When doing a second kdbGet() with a new keyset no keys might be returned, because it is up-to-date.
When doing kdbSet() a deep duplication is needed.
Idea: keep a duplicated keyset internally. Return (non-deep?) duplications exactly of the parts as requested.
- no cache (current situation)
- flat cache with COW
- deep duplicated cache
Notes¶internal caches lead to duplication of memory consumption (could be avoided by reference counting)
in some cases caches cannot be avoided? -> filesys, databases?
- not more keys than needed
- kdbGet avoids IO even if done somewhere else
- KDB handles could be more locally
- not possible to access cache with current architecture, KDB high level API
- implementation overhead
- where should the caches be
|Sun May 29 2016||Version 0.8.14|