table of contents
- unstable 0.8.14-5.1
NAME¶doc_decisions_empty_files_md - Empty Files
Issue¶An empty KeySet is passed to kdbSet(). What is the correct persistent representation?
- User does not want empty files lying around everywhere.
- User wants to come back to a clean situation using Elektra
- no file, no empty directories
- keep directories, remove configuration file
- plugins write minimal, syntactical-valid configuration file
- plugins do whatever they think is correct
- remember initial situation at mounting time and restore it when empty key is passed (seems inefficient and complicated?)
Decision¶Remove files on empty KeySet.
- allows user to undo what a previous kdbSet() did
- easy to understand semantics
- makes storage plugins easier (do not need to remove files)
- less empty files are left
- no invalid empty files (yajl bugs)
|Sun May 29 2016||Version 0.8.14|