|dnsviz(1)||General Commands Manual||dnsviz(1)|
dnsviz - issue and assess diagnostic DNS queries
dnsviz [ options ] command [ args ]
- [ options ] help [ command ]
dnsviz is a tool for assessing the health of DNS deployments by issuing diagnostic queries, assessing the responses, and outputting the results in one of several formats. The assessment may be directed towards recursive or authoritative DNS servers, and the output may be textual, graphical, or serialized for programmatic review.
dnsviz is invoked by specifying one of its commands as the first argument on the command line, followed by arguments specific to that command. If the first argument is "help", then the usage of the command specified by the second argument is displayed. If no second argument is provided, then a general usage message is given.
- -p path
- Add a path to the python path.
- Issue diagnostic DNS queries. See dnsviz-probe(1).
- Assess diagnostic DNS queries See dnsviz-grok(1).
- Graph the assessment of diagnostic DNS queries See dnsviz-graph(1).
- Process diagnostic DNS queries to textual output See dnsviz-print(1).
- Assess a DNS query See dnsviz-query(1).
- help [ command ]
- Show usage generally, or for a specific command.
The exit codes are:
- Program terminated normally.
- Incorrect usage.
|11 Mar 2021||0.9.3|