Scroll to navigation
||General Commands Manual
grep-excuses - search the testing excuses files for a specific maintainer
grep-excuses [options] [maintainer|package]
grep-excuses downloads the autoremovals and update_excuses.html files and
greps them for the specified maintainer or package name. The wget
package is required for this script. If no name is given on the command line,
first the environment variable DEBFULLNAME is used if it is defined,
and failing that, the configuration variable described below is used.
- --no-conf, --noconf
- Do not read any configuration files. This can only be used as the first
option given on the command-line.
- --wipnity, -w
- Get information from <https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php>. A package
name must be given when using this option.
- Show a brief usage message.
- Show version and copyright information.
- Investigate and show autopkgtest (ci.debian.net) failures in your packages
but apparently caused by new versions of other packages trying to migrate.
(--no-autopkgtests can be used to override
- Investigate and show only testing propagation excuses, not
- Print debugging output to stderr (including url(s) fetched).
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts
are sourced in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options
can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable
settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variable is:
- The default maintainer, email or package to grep for if none is specified
on the command line.
- Boolean: whether to show autopkgtest failures in other packages. See
Joey Hess <email@example.com>; modifications by Julian Gilbey