NAME¶cyr_deny - Cyrus IMAP documentation
deny users access to Cyrus services
cyr_deny [ -C config-file ] [ -s services ] [ -m message ] user cyr_deny [ -C config-file ] -a user cyr_deny [ -C config-file ] -l
DESCRIPTION¶cyr_deny is used to deny individual users access to Cyrus services. The first synopsis denies user user access to Cyrus services, the second synopsis allows access again. cyr_deny works by adding an entry to the Cyrus user_deny.db database; the third synopsis lists the entries in the database.
cyr_deny reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C.
- -C config-file
- Use the specified configuration file config-file rather than the default imapd.conf(5).
- -a user
- Allow access to all services for user user (remove any entry from the deny database).
- -s services
- Deny access only to the given services, which is a comma-separated list of wildcard patterns. The default is "*" which denies access to all services.
- -m message
- Provide a message which is sent to the user to explain why access is being denied. A default message is used if none is specified.
- List the entries in the deny database.
EXAMPLES¶[NB: Examples needed]
HISTORY¶This command was introduced in version 3.0.
AUTHOR¶The Cyrus Team, Nic Bernstein (Onlight)
COPYRIGHT¶1993-2017, The Cyrus Team
|December 16, 2019||3.0.13|