NAME¶barman-wal-restore - 'restore_command' based on Barman's get-wal
SYNOPSIS¶barman-wal-restore [OPTIONS] BARMAN_HOST SERVER_NAME WAL_NAME WAL_DEST
DESCRIPTION¶This script can be used as a 'restore_command' for PostgreSQL servers, retrieving WAL files using the 'get-wal' feature of Barman. An SSH connection will be opened to the Barman host. barman-wal-restore allows the integration of Barman in PostgreSQL clusters for better business continuity results.
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by EnterpriseDB.
- the host of the Barman server.
- the server name configured in Barman from which WALs are taken.
- the value of the '%f' keyword (according to 'restore_command').
- the value of the '%p' keyword (according to 'restore_command').
- -h, --help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -U USER, --user USER
- the user used for the ssh connection to the Barman server. Defaults to 'barman'.
- -s SECONDS, --sleep SECONDS
- sleep for SECONDS after a failure of get-wal request. Defaults to 0 (nowait).
- -p JOBS, --parallel JOBS
- specifies the number of files to peek and transfer in parallel, defaults to 0 (disabled).
- --spool-dir SPOOL_DIR
- Specifies spool directory for WAL files. Defaults to '/var/tmp/walrestore'
- -P, --partial
- retrieve also partial WAL files (.partial)
- -z, --gzip
- transfer the WAL files compressed with gzip
- -j, --bzip2
- transfer the WAL files compressed with bzip2
- -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
- configuration file on the Barman server
- -t, --test
- test both the connection and the configuration of the requested PostgreSQL server in Barman to make sure it is ready to receive WAL files. With this option, the 'WAL_NAME' and 'WAL_DEST' mandatory arguments are ignored.
- Not zero
SEE ALSO¶barman (1), barman (5).
BUGS¶Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
COPYING¶Barman is the property of EnterpriseDB UK Limited and its code is distributed under GNU General Public License v3.
© Copyright EnterpriseDB UK Limited 2011-2021
|July 26, 2021||Barman User manuals|