away - terminal locking program
away [OPTIONS] message [...]
away is a simple program that locks your terminal, checks for new mail in any given number of mailboxes, and lets other users know why you are inactive.
- -c, --mail
- Enable checking of mail.
- -C, --nomail
- Disable checking of mail.
- -f, --rcfile=FILE
- Specify an alternative configuration file instead of the default ~/.awayrc file.
- -F, --norcfile
- Ignore user configuration file.
- -h, --help
- Display help.
- -m, --message
- Execute as the remainder of the command line, effectively stripping off the executable name and additional switches.
- -p, --persist
- Continue checking for new mail as long as there is at least one mailbox that has not received new mail.
- -P, --nopersist
- Stop checking mail if any mailbox is found to have new mail.
- -t, --time=SECONDS
- Set the number of second that away sleeps before performing its background tasks. Presently, the only background task that away will perform is the checking of mailboxes.
- -T, --notime
- Ignore any options to set the time interval and use the default number of seconds.
- -v, --version
- Display version information.
Bug reports should be sent to the away mailing list <email@example.com>.
Cameron Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and others.