|atlog(3)||AtFS Toolkit Library||atlog(3)|
atSetComment, atUnlock - log and lock handling
int atSetComment (Af_key *aso, int commentType, char *commentText, int mode);
int atUnlock (Af_key *aso);
atSetComment sets a comment attribute for the attributed software object aso. Valid commentTypes are
- for expressing a change intent describing planned modifications.
- for issuing a descriptive text expressing the purpose of the document.
- for writing a change log describing the changes made.
With the argument commentText, a default text may be given. According to the mode (see below), the user will be asked for entering the comment attribute value. When a default text is given, this will be offered for modification. With an commentText argument, the previous of the according comment attribute is taken as default text.
With the mode field, the behavior of atSetComment can be influenced. Three flags may me set:
- advises atSetComment to read the user input from standard input, otherwise an editor will be started.
- causes reuse of the comment text expressed during the previous invocation of atSetComment, if there was any.
- lets the user confirm, that an comment shall be expressed. Otherwise, atSetComment asks for the comment text without prior confirmation. This flag is ignored, when AT_FROMSTDIN is set and the change comment is taken from standard input.
atUnlock unlocks aso by calling af_unlock (manual page af_lock(3)). If a change intent was previously set for aso, this will be eliminated.
atSetComment and atUnlock return FALSE (zero) on error. Additionally, the atError variable is set and afErrMsg holds a diagnostic message.
EDITOR - the default editor to be called.
|Fri Jun 25 16:39:38 1993||AtFStk-1.12|