|AIRPORT-MODEM(1)||General Commands Manual||AIRPORT-MODEM(1)|
NAME¶airport-modem - Modem monitoring and hangup utility for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite"), the Lucent RG-1000 base station and the Apple Airport Extreme base station
DESCRIPTION¶airport-modem allows you to monitor the state of the internal modem of your base station and to start/stop the modem connection.
On the AirPort Extreme base station, the modem utility can also display the approximate duration of the modem connection.
OPTIONS¶airport-modem accepts no command-line options. airport-modem is a wrapper script around the AirportBaseStationHangup.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils.
You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script.
- Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script.
- The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)).
- The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed.
- The full path to the directory where the java executable is located.
- Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine.
AUTHOR¶airport-modem was written by Jon Sevy <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|May 20, 2006|