|affsegment(1)||segment manipulation tool||affsegment(1)|
affsegment - segment manipulation tool
affsegment [options] file1.aff [file2.aff ...]
This is a segment manipulation tool.
This file is part of the AFFLIBv3, that provides AFF.
AFF is an open and extensible file format to store disk images and associated metadata. It is useful in several scenaries, as computer forensics investigations.
- Create AFF files if they do not exist.
- Sets the value of a segment; may be repeated.
- Prints the contents of the segment name for each file.
- Just print the version number and exit.
- Delete segment 'name'.
- -h, -?
- Print this message.
- interpert 8-byte segments as a 64-bit value.
- Print the 32-bit arg, not the segment value.
- Print the segment as a hex string.
Setting the segment values:
Setting the segment args:
- Sets segment 'name' arg to be 'arg' (may be repeated).
Setting both the segment value and the arg:
All deletions are done first, then all updates. Don't specify the same segment twice on one command line.
The AFFLIB was written by Simson L. Garfinkel <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Basis Technology, Inc.
This manual page was written by Joao Eriberto Mota Filho <email@example.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|Oct 2014||AFFSEGMENT 3.7.4|