|SHOWFONT(1)||General Commands Manual||SHOWFONT(1)|
showfont - font dumper for X font server
showfont [ -options ... ] -fn pattern
Showfont displays data about a font that matches the given pattern. The information shown includes font information, font properties, character metrics, and character bitmaps.
The wildcard character "*" can be used to match any sequence of characters (including none) in the font name, and "?" can be used to match any single character. The "*" and "?" characters must be quoted to prevent them from being expanded by the shell. If no pattern is given, "*" is assumed.
- -server servername
- The X font server to contact. servername must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). If not specified, the server name in the FONTSERVER environment variable is used.
- -fn name
- The font to display.
- The bit order of the font should be requested as LSBFirst (least significant bit first).
- The bit order of the font should be requested as MSBFirst (most significant bit first).
- The byte order of the font should be requested as LSBFirst (least significant byte first).
- The byte order of the font should be requested as MSBFirst (most significant byte first).
- Only the character extents should be displayed, but not the bitmaps.
- -start char
- The start of the range of the characters to display (char is a number).
- -end char
- The end of the range of the characters to display (char is a number).
- -unit n
- The scanline unit of the font (8, 16, 32, or 64).
- -pad n
- The scanpad unit of the font (8, 16, 32, or 64).
- -b[itmap_pad] n
- The bitmap padding unit of the font (0, 1, or 2, where 0 is ImageRectMin, 1 is ImageRectMaxWidth and 2 is ImageRectMax).
- Do not show the font properties.
- Print the program version and exit.
Copyright 1991, Network Computing Devices, Inc.
See X(7) for a full statement of rights and permissions.
Dave Lemke, Network Computing Devices, Inc.
|showfont 1.0.5||X Version 11|