|QUOTASYNC(1)||General Commands Manual||QUOTASYNC(1)|
NAME¶quotasync - synchronize in-kernel file system usage and limits to disk format
SYNOPSIS¶quotasync [ -ugP ] mount-point...
quotasync [ -ugP ] -a
quotasync -h | -V
DESCRIPTION¶quotasync flushes file system usage and limits from kernel memory to quota files stored in the file system. By default only the user quotas are synchronized.
This tool can be useful if you want to display accurate quotas by tools that parse quota files, like repquota(8).
- -u, --user
- Synchronize user usage and limits.
- -g, --group
- Synchronize group usage and limits.
- -P, --project
- Synchronize project usage and limits.
- -a, --all
- Synchronize usage and limits on all file systems. You have to specify this option or to specify desired file systems.
- -V, --version
- Show program version information and exit.
- -h, --help
- Show program usage and exit.
DIAGNOSTICS¶If requested synchronization fails, or invalid option is given, quotasync will terminate with non-zero exit code. Otherwise it will return zero.
- aquota.user or aquota.group
- Quota file at the file system root (version 2 quota, non-XFS/GFS2 file systems).
- quota.user or quota.group
- Quota file at the file system root (version 1 quota, non-XFS/GFS2 file systems).
- List of mounted file systems maintained by user space.
- List of mounted file systems maintained by kernel.