|QQWING(1)||General Commands Manual||QQWING(1)|
qqwing - A tool for generating and solving Sudoku puzzles
qqwing --generate [OPTIONS...]
qqwing --solve [OPTIONS...]
qqwing is a Sudoku puzzle generator and solver. It offers the following features:
- • Fast. It can solve 1000 puzzles in 1 second and generate 1000 puzzles in 25 seconds.
- • Uses logic. Uses as many solve techniques as possible when solving puzzles rather than guessing.
- • Rates puzzles. Most generators don't give an indication of the difficulty of a Sudoku puzzle. QQwing does.
- • Can print solve instructions. Tells steps that need to be taken to solve any puzzle.
- • Customizable output style, including a CSV style that is easy to import into a database.
- --generate <num>
- Generate new puzzles
- Solve all the puzzles from standard input
- Generate only simple, easy, intermediate, expert, or any
- --symmetry <sym>
- Symmetry: none, rotate90, rotate180, mirror, flip, or random
- Print the puzzle (default when generating)
- Do not print the puzzle (default when solving)
- Print the solution (default when solving)
- Do not print the solution (default when generating)
- Print statistics about moves used to solve the puzzle
- Do not print statistics (default)
- Print time to generate or solve each puzzle
- Do not print solve or generation times (default)
- Count the number of solutions to puzzles
- Do not count the number of solutions (default)
- Print trial and error used when solving
- Do not print trial and error to solve (default)
- Print the steps (at least 81) needed to solve the puzzle
- Do not print steps to solve (default)
- Print trial and error to solve as it happens
- Do not print trial and error to solve as it happens
- Print puzzles on one line of 81 characters
- Print puzzles on 9 lines of 9 characters
- Print puzzles in human readable form (default)
- Output CSV format with one line puzzles
- -h, --help
- Display help message
- Display author and license information
- Display version number