|dpt-takeover(1)||Debian Perl packaging Tools||dpt-takeover(1)|
dpt-takeover -- take over a package for the Debian Perl Group
dpt takeover -t top-directory [option...] package...
dpt takeover helps taking over a package and adopting its control files for maintenance by the Debian Perl group.
dpt takeover first creates a local Git repository either from existing Git repository specified with the -g option, or by importing all package versions available on snapshot.debian.org via gbp-import-dscs(1).
Next dpt takeover adds suitable entries to debian/changelog, using information given by the -m or the -a options.
Next dpt takeover runs "dpt-packagecheck -a -A -C -c" to adjust the control fields.
Finally, the resulting Git repository is pushed to the Debian collaborative server, salsa.debian.org, unless the -n option is used.
- -t top-directory (mandatory)
- The location of the top level directory, containing packages/.
- -m URL
- The address of the message with which the previous maintainer requests
adoption. It is included in the commit message and
Conflicts with -a.
- -a number
- RFA/ITA bug number. Suitable "Closes:
#nnnnnn" is added to debian/changelog.
Conflicts with -m.
- -g URL
- URL of an existing Git repository to clone. If not present gbp-import-dscs is used to prime the local Git repository from the package versions available on snapshot.debian.org.
- Local operation. The resulting Git repository is not pushed to salsa.debian.org.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE¶
Copyright 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 Damyan Ivanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright 2008, 2011, 2018 gregor herrmann <email@example.com>
Copyright 2008, 2009, Ryan Niebur <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program is free software and can be distributed under the same terms as Perl.