NAME¶XkbGetKeySyms - Obtain the symbols for a subset of the keys in a keyboard description
Status XkbGetKeySyms (Display *dpy, unsigned int first, unsigned int num, XkbDescPtr xkb);
- - dpy
- connection to X server
- - first
- keycode of first key to get
- - num
- number of keycodes for which syms desired
- - xkb
- Xkb description to be updated
DESCRIPTION¶XkbGetKeySyms sends a request to the server to obtain the set of keysyms bound to num keys starting with the key whose keycode is first. It waits for a reply and returns the keysyms in the map.syms field of xkb. If successful, XkbGetKeySyms returns Success. The xkb parameter must be a pointer to a valid Xkb keyboard description.
If the client map in the xkb parameter has not been allocated, XkbGetKeySyms allocates and initializes it before obtaining the symbols.
If a compatible version of Xkb is not available in the server or the Xkb extension has not been properly initialized, XkbGetKeySyms returns BadAccess. If num is less than 1 or greater than XkbMaxKeyCount, XkbGetKeySyms returns BadValue. If any allocation errors occur, XkbGetKeySyms returns BadAlloc.
- The XkbGetKeySyms function returns Success if it gets a reply to a request to the server to obtain the set of keysyms bound to num keys starting with the key whose keycode is first.
- The Xkb extension has not been properly initialized
- Unable to allocate storage
- An argument is out of range
|libX11 1.6.10||X Version 11|