|UMAP(1p)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||UMAP(1p)|
umap - map between different character sets
umap [options] <before>:<after>
The umap script acts as a filter between different encodings and character sets.
The following options are recognized:
- --list [charset]
- Without argument list all character sets recognized. With a specified character set list the mapping between this set and Unicode.
- Do the stict mapping between the character sets. The default is to not translate unmapped character. With --stict we will remove unmapped characters or use the default specified with --def8 or --def16.
- Set the default 8-bit code for unmapped chars.
- Set the default 16-bit code for unmapped chars.
- Generate more verbose output.
- Print the version number of this program and quit.
- Print the usage message.
Unicode::String, Unicode::Map8, recode(1)
Copyright 1998 Gisle Aas.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.