table of contents
|explain_fread_or_die(3)||Library Functions Manual||explain_fread_or_die(3)|
explain_fread_or_die - binary stream input and report errors
void explain_fread_or_die(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, FILE *fp);
The explain_fread_or_die function is used to call the fread(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_fread(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE).
This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example:
size_t how_many = explain_fread_or_die(ptr, size, nmemb, fp);
- The ptr, exactly as to be passed to the fread(3) system call.
- The size, exactly as to be passed to the fread(3) system call.
- The nmemb, exactly as to be passed to the fread(3) system call.
- The fp, exactly as to be passed to the fread(3) system call.
- This function only returns on success, the number read or 0 on end‐of‐input. On failure, prints an explanation and exits.
- binary stream input
- explain fread(3) errors
- terminate the calling process
libexplain version 1.4
Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller