Dpkg::Path - some common path handling functions
It provides some functions to handle various path.
- This function will scan upwards the hierarchy of directory to find out the
directory which contains the "DEBIAN" sub-directory and it will
return its path. This directory is the root directory of a package being
If no DEBIAN subdirectory is found, it will return undef.
- Returns the filename relative to get_pkg_root_dir($file).
- This function tries to guess the root directory of the package build tree.
It will first use get_pkg_root_dir(), but it will fallback to a
more imprecise check: namely it will use the parent directory that is a
sub-directory of the debian directory.
It can still return undef if a file outside of the debian sub-directory is provided.
- check_files_are_the_same($file1, $file2, $resolve_symlink)
- This function verifies that both files are the same by checking that the device numbers and the inode numbers returned by stat()/lstat() are the same. If $resolve_symlink is true then stat() is used, otherwise lstat() is used.
- This function returns a cleaned path. It simplifies double //, and remove /./ and /../ intelligently. For /../ it simplifies the path only if the previous element is not a symlink. Thus it should only be used on real filenames.
- $newpath = resolve_symlink($symlink)
- Return the filename of the file pointed by the symlink. The new name is canonicalized by canonpath().
- check_directory_traversal($basedir, $dir)
- This function verifies that the directory $dir does not contain any symlink that goes beyond $basedir (which should be either equal or a parent of $dir).
- $cmdpath = find_command($command)
- Return the path of the command if defined and available on an absolute or relative path or on the $PATH, undef otherwise.
- $control_file = get_control_path($pkg, $filetype)
- Return the path of the control file of type $filetype for the given package.
- @control_files = get_control_path($pkg)
- Return the path of all available control files for the given package.
- $file = find_build_file($basename)
- Selects the right variant of the given file: the arch-specific variant ("$basename.$arch") has priority over the OS-specific variant ("$basename.$os") which has priority over the default variant ("$basename"). If none of the files exists, then it returns undef.
- @files = find_build_file($basename)
- Return the available variants of the given file. Returns an empty list if none of the files exists.
Version 1.05 (dpkg 1.20.4)¶
New function: check_directory_traversal().
Version 1.04 (dpkg 1.17.11)¶
Update semantics: find_command() now handles an empty or undef argument.
Version 1.03 (dpkg 1.16.1)¶
New function: find_build_file()
Version 1.02 (dpkg 1.16.0)¶
New function: get_control_path()
Version 1.01 (dpkg 1.15.8)¶
New function: find_command()
Version 1.00 (dpkg 1.15.6)¶
Mark the module as public.