Scroll to navigation
ldns-notify - notify DNS servers that updates are available
ldns-notify [options] -z zone servers
ldns-notify sends a NOTIFY message to DNS servers. This tells them that
an updated zone is available at the master servers. It can perform TSIG
signatures and it can add a SOA serial number of the updated zone. If a server
already has that serial number it will disregard the message.
- -z zone
- The zone that is updated.
- -I address
- Source IP to send query from.
- Show usage and exit
- Show the version and exit
- -s serial
- Append a SOA record indicating the serial number of the updated zone.
- -p port
- Use port as destination port (default the DNS port 53) for the UDP
- -y key:data[:algo]
- Use the given TSIG key and base64-data, and optinally an algorithm to sign
the NOTIFY. The algorithm defaults to hmac-md5.sig-alg.reg.int.
- Print verbose debug information. The query that is sent and the query that
- -r num
- Specify the maximum number of retries before notify gives up trying to
send the UDP packet.
The program exits with a 0 exit code if all servers replied an acknowledgement
to the notify message, and a failure exit code otherwise.
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright (C) 2005 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not
even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.