ldns-compare-zones - read and compare two zonefiles and print differences
ldns-compare-zones [-c] [-i] [-d] [-z]
[-s] ZONEFILE1 ZONEFILE2
reads two DNS zone files and prints number of
Output is formated to:
+NUM_INS -NUM_DEL ~NUM_CHG
The major comparison is based on the owner name. If an owner name is present in
zonefile 1, but not in zonefile 2, the resource records with this owner name
are considered deleted, and counted as NUM_DEL. If an owner name is present in
zonefile 2, but not in zonefile 1, the resource records with this owner name
are considered inserted, and counted as NUM_INS. If an owner name is present
in both, but there is a difference in the amount or content of the records,
these are considered changed, and counted as NUM_CHG.
- Print resource records whose owner names are in both zone files, but with
different resource records. (a.k.a. changed)
- Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE2
- Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE1
- Print all changes. Specifying this option is the same as specifying -c -i
- Suppress zone sorting; this option is not recommended; it can cause
records to be incorrectly marked as changed, depending of the nature of
- Do not exclude the SOA record from the comparison. The SOA record may then
show up as changed due to a new serial number. Off by default since you
may be interested to know if (other zone apex elements) have changed.
- Exit with status code 2 when zones differ.
- Show usage and exit
- Show the version and exit
Written by Ondřej Surý <firstname.lastname@example.org> for CZ.NIC,
z.s.p.o. (czech domain registry)
Report bugs to <email@example.com>.
Copyright (C) 2005 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.. This is free software. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR