jing - validate an XML document using a RELAX NG schema
jing [-cfit] [-e encoding] rng-file
If rng-file is a correct RELAX NG schema and each xml-file is a
well-formed XML document that is valid with respect to rng-file, then
jing will be silent and terminate with a status of 0. Otherwise,
jing will report one or more errors to the standard output and will
terminate with a status of 1. Both rng-file and xml-file can be
filenames or URIs.
- Uses the compact syntax for the schema.
- -e enc
- Uses the encoding enc to read the schema.
- Checks that the document is feasibly valid. A document is feasibly valid
if it could be transformed into a valid document by inserting any number
of attributes and child elements anywhere in the tree. This is equivalent
to transforming the schema by wrapping every data, list,
element and attribute element in an optional element
and then validating against the transformed schema. This option may be
useful while a document is still under construction. This option also
disables checking that for every IDREF there is a corresponding ID.
- Disables checking of ID/IDREF/IDREFS. By default, Jing enforces the
constraints imposed by RELAX NG DTD Compatibility with respect to
- Prints the time used by Jing for loading the schema and for
James Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software