table of contents
|SelectTool(3U)||InterViews Reference Manual||SelectTool(3U)|
SelectTool - tool for modifying an editor's current selection
SelectTool lets a user change the current selection by direct manipulation, thus affecting the enclosing editor's selection object. A single click directly on a component view selects that view and unselects all others. Clicking while holding the Shift key down adds the target component to the selection if it was not already selected and removes it if it was selected. The user can select all components within a rectangular area in the viewer by clicking somewhere outside the nearest component and dragging to specify the rectangular area. All components completely within the area will be selected.
- SelectTool(ControlInfo* = nil)
- Create a new SelectTool.
- virtual Manipulator* CreateManipulator(
- Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*
- virtual void InterpretManipulator(Manipulator*)
- If the user did not click on a component, then CreateManipulator creates a DragManip with a RubberRect for dragging out a rectangular area. Otherwise, CreateManipulator clears the editor's selection and selects the hit component. If the user holds the Shift key down in either case, the components that would have otherwise been selected will be unselected, and vice versa. InterpretManipulator will only be called if CreateManipulator returned a non-nil manipulator; in this case InterpretManipulator will examine the DragManipulator's RubberRect and select the component views falling completely within it.
- virtual void Localize(Selection*, Viewer*)
- Localize ensures that the given selection object contains only those views displayed in the given viewer. CreateManipulator calls this function to avoid possibly shift-selecting views from different components.
Editor(3U), Rubband(3I), Selection(3U), Tool(3U), Viewer(3U), manips(3U)
|24 January 1991||Unidraw|